April 2nd: Final Presentation EXTENDED deadline
Final presentation submission links have been emailed to authors/speakers. If you have not received your submission link please contact [email protected].
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, I2MTC 2021 has been moved to a fully virtual conference. This conference will consist of both pre-recorded and live presentations. Please read through the full instructions below for details on your specific presentation type.
Preparing Your Virtual Demonstration Presentation
To support the best possible conference experience and resilience against internet connection problems, we are planning to run a mixture of pre-recorded and live elements for your presentations. As a basis for the live programming, we would like you to be available and ready for voice-over slides live introduction to your demonstration (max 5min) and to answer Q&A live with attendees at the allocated time-slot in the program. The demonstration itself should be pre-recorded and can be played directly by the presenter during the screen sharing of the overall presentation. Your overall presentation will be 15min plus 3min for Q&A.
As a back-up in case of internet connection problems during your allocated time-slot, we request you to prepare and upload a backup combined video file of your full presentation, comprised of the brief introduction with voice-over slides, followed by the recorded virtual demonstration. Please note that the file must be a combined, single video file in MP4 format (more details below).
Our recommended approach for recording a compatible back-up video from the content displayed on your computer screen is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
Instructions for recording your presentation with Zoom:
For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS is recommended, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is a tight deadline in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask that you please finalize your video no later than April 2nd. This is a HARD DEADLINE. Presentations will not be accepted after this date.
Guidelines for preparing your video:
- Duration: 15 Minutes (The demo session will be 90-minutes in length. Each speaker’s presentation will be 15-minutes followed by 3-minutes for Q&A)
- File size: 150MB max
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes at the start the title of the live demonstration, the authors, and a mention of I2MTC 2021.
Uploading your video (Deadline: April 2nd)
- A unique URL will be emailed to the accepted speakers in March to submit your presentation
- Choose which author is the presenting author
- Fill out your Speaker Information
- Upload a Speaker headshot photo
- Include a Speaker Biography in the available text field
- Upload your Presentation Data
- video in mp4 format (max of 150MB is allowed)
- Upload PDF of your presentation slides
- Wait for your video to finish uploading into the system
- Submit the form by selecting the Submit button at the bottom of the screen
- A confirmation message will be presented upon successful submission and a confirmation will be emailed to you
- Be sure to retain this information in case you need to make future updates to your submission. Updated can be made to submission until April 2nd.
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact support at [email protected].